[mythtv-users] Black and White recording, but only on 2 channels

Paul Fine pfine at comcast.net
Sun Apr 9 17:58:46 UTC 2006

OK,

First.  Thanks for the responses.  I had done an list archive search,
but I did not use the correct keywords so the threads you listed did not
pop for me.

I played with my mythtv configuration off and on all day yesterday and I
have found several things.

I went back to my ZapIt account and looked at my choices.  I was given
the choice between Comcast Cable and Comcast Digital Cable.  I had
assumed that since I am not using my Digital Cable box yet, that I
should choose Comcast Cable.  I could not get channels 5 and 6 to work
no matter which frequency table I selected.  I decided to make a new
profile in ZapIt with Digital Cable as my choice, and this time the
icons showed up.  Hurray!  I am not sure why the icons show up now.

Unfortunately, the frequency table still is wrong.  This is what I tried:

I stopped mythtvbackend, ran mythtvsetup and went to the video sources
menu, selected my DigCable source and tried the various choices in the
Channel frequency table.

     1) us-cable : channel 5 no sound, no color; channel 6, no color,
static in audio and video
     2) default : same as us-cable (perhaps I can assume the us-cable is
the default)
     3) us-cable-hrc : no audio on many (all?) channels
     4) us-bcast : as you would expect, only got reception on channels
up to 12 (13?), nothing after that.  And channel 5 and 6 had the same
problem.

Each time that I changed the frequency table, I quit mythtvsetup,
started the mythtvbackend, ran mythfilldatabase and then started the
frontend and checked to see if the problem went away.  Was it necessary
to run mythfilldatabase each time?

Is there another frequency table I can try?