[mythtv-users] Sound issue - Onboard card as 2nd soundcard

Yalusa Jongihlati yjongihlati at gmail.com
Sat Apr 8 19:49:18 UTC 2006

I've done the following:

# amixer -c1 set 'Master',0 100%,100% unmute
Simple mixer control 'Master',0
  Capabilities: pvolume pswitch pswitch-joined
  Playback channels: Front Left - Front Right
  Limits: Playback 0 - 31
  Mono:
  Front Left: Playback 31 [100%] [on]
  Front Right: Playback 31 [100%] [on]
# amixer -c1 set 'PCM',0 100%,100% unmute
Simple mixer control 'PCM',0
  Capabilities: pvolume pswitch pswitch-joined
  Playback channels: Front Left - Front Right
  Limits: Playback 0 - 31
  Mono:
  Front Left: Playback 31 [100%] [on]
  Front Right: Playback 31 [100%] [on]
# amixer -c1 set 'Line',0 75%,75% mute captur
Simple mixer control 'Line',0
  Capabilities: pvolume pswitch pswitch-joined cswitch cswitch-joined
cswitch-exclusive
  Capture exclusive group: 0
  Playback channels: Front Left - Front Right
  Capture channels: Front Left - Front Right
  Limits: Playback 0 - 31
  Front Left: Playback 23 [74%] [off] Capture [on]
  Front Right: Playback 23 [74%] [off] Capture [on]
# amixer -c1 set 'Capture',0 100%,100% captur
Simple mixer control 'Capture',0
  Capabilities: cvolume cswitch cswitch-joined
  Capture channels: Front Left - Front Right
  Limits: Capture 0 - 15
  Front Left: Capture 15 [100%] [on]
  Front Right: Capture 15 [100%] [on]

Yet the sound didn't mute.