[mythtv-users] A couple of newbie question, auto commercial removing and Myth Music visualization requiring FFT library

B Walker braindead at diablops.com
Sat Apr 8 15:55:44 UTC 2006

I'm running Gentoo 2.6 kernel, MythTV 0.19 on a 3ghz P4 HT processor, 512mb ram (yeah, need more) 350GB HD and PVR-150 card.

Most of everything works awesome..

The docs seem to indicate that if you have scheduled jobs set to auto commercial flag, auto transcoding them would remove the commercials.  That doesn't seem to be the case, at least for me.  The commflag works great, but the auto transcoding of recorded shows does nothing (I've got it set at lossless, so I guess it just copies the file essentially).

It does appear to work if I start the program, load the commflag stuff into the cutlist and then transcode from there.  I thought I saw a setting somewhere to auto load the commflag into cutlist, but I can't find that now (soo many options!).

The other thing that's a bit odd, and perhaps really a gentoo Issue is that some of the Myth Music visualizations complain about a required fft library.  I installed the fftw package last night (closest thing I could find) but haven't had a chance to test and see if that fixes the issue.

Thanks for any help on these issues, I'll pass anything learned back to the Gentoo folks...

--
Only a fool has no doubts.

--
Diablo Professional Services, LLC