[mythtv-users] EIT not working

Osmo Paananen osmop-myth at ipi.fi
Fri Apr 7 20:41:46 UTC 2006

Hi!

On Fri, 2006-04-07 at 21:01 +0300, Tero Tilus wrote:
> terotil at tavi:~$ mythbackend --version
> 0.18.1.20050510-1

I'm running mythtv 0.19. I don't know whether that is issue here.

> Database looks like this
> and with --verbose all I get this kind of log.  There's of course
> whole a lot of else too, but as far as I can figure out this has
> something to do with EIT.

When I had trouble with EIT data, I found out that it was very useful to
check the output of -v database.

If you run mythbackend with -v database,eit you can see what kind of
data mythtv is trying to fetch from the database.

When you find the sql query that doesn't find the data it needs, you can
run the same query manually. Just remove one search criteria at a time
from the query  and you may find one condition which causes the query to
fail. Then all you need to do is find out why it fails and fill in the
missing information.

And after that is done, you might even want to find out why the
information was wrong in the database from the start and possibly report
the issue to developers :-)