[mythtv-users] MSI K8NGM2-FID Integrated Motherboard for Mythtv?

David Krainess davidkrainess at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 7 13:15:11 UTC 2006

Hi all,

I have been looking for a motherboard with integrated
TV out support, preferably with NVidia video, of
course.

The MSI K8NGM2-FID seems to be generating a lot of
exitement in the HTPC world.

These 2 extremely long threads discuss this board.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=601451

http://forums.anandtech.com/messageview.aspx?catid=29&threadid=1803985

The only thing I find in this forum is a mention of a
problem with ALSA SPDIF support, which I don't need, I
use the analog audio line out.

If this is going to take hours (or days, weeks) of
frustration to get it to work (or not work) in MythTV,
maybe it is not such a good value.

My setup would be:
PVR150, Retail (not MCE version) with remote
RCA video out, hopefully with an adapter via the
S-Video plug
Analog line out for sound

So the questions are....

1. Is anybody using this with MythTV and using the
6150 onboard video?

2. Experiences, thoughts, warnings, yada, yada, yada?

3. Oh and what could this possibly be (the leftmost
image, I don't think I've ever seen anything quite
like that before on a ribbon cable that can hook into
a motherboard)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ShowImage.asp?image=13-130-529-06.jpg