[mythtv-users] Zap2It channel list didn't get channel names

Greg Stark gsstark at mit.edu
Fri Apr 7 05:01:11 UTC 2006

"Michael T. Dean" <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> writes:

> On 04/05/2006 02:50 PM, Greg Stark wrote:
>
> >Somehow when I fetched the channel lineup from zap2it/datadirect myth didn't
> >get most of the channel names. There are a handful it got, but only cable
> >company "filler" channels like their PPV info channels. All the regular
> >channels just say "Channel 3", "Channel 4", "Channel 5" etc.
> >
> >How do I make mythtv reread the channel names?
>
> DELETE FROM channel;

Hm, I'm not sure this was really necessary, it seems I just have to stop the
backend and run mythtv-setup and go to Video Source Setup and click Retrieve
Lineups.

As it happens I found the problem.

Mythtv tries to run the following command:

  wget --http-user=gsstark --http-passwd=password --post-file=/tmp/mythpostqTTw0I --header=Accept-Encoding:gzip http://datadirect.webservices.zap2it.com/tvlistings/xtvdService --output-document=-

Except that that's invalid. All option arguments must precede all non-option
arguments. In other words, --output-document=- must precede the URL.

This command results in:

Resolving --output-document=-... failed: Name or service not known.

--
greg