[mythtv-users] Hot Key to Program Guide

Guillaume Membré guillaume.ml at gmail.com
Thu Apr 6 10:26:34 UTC 2006

I also have a the same problem : my remote control has a "guide"
button and I would like to use it almost every where in mythtv.
What I did is written a small script that uses the telnet socket
control, ask it where am I in the UI : if I'm in live tv, it sends "S"
key, else it calls directly : jump program guide. I can share with you
my script.
Have a look at http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/User_Manual:Daily_Use#Myth_Command_line_interface_through_TCP_Socket_.280.19.29

This telnet socket is very great ! I also map some other button to
custom function !

Guillaume