[mythtv-users] M3U -> MythMusic Playlist Converter

John Biundo johnbiundo at sbcglobal.net
Thu Apr 6 06:08:49 UTC 2006

Someone recently asked about a program to convert M3U playlists to
MythMusic.

I mentioned that I had downloaded such a program, but forgot the source
of it.  I just heard back from the author (found his e-mail in the
program source code) that it's OK to post info about the program.
Here's a quote from the author (you can contact him via the web page
mentioned below):

"This is useful if you want to convert your M3U playlists to MythMusic
compatible playlists (stored in the MythTV MySQL database). It also
features a small GUI (check the link for sshots).
Requirements: a MythTV installation, PHP, MySQL and a webserver. (If
you have MythWeb installed, you've already met the requirements.)

How to use:
Place the PHP-file in your mythweb directory (or anywhere else where
you can access it with a web browser, check the config part of the
file).

I'll update the script if I need it or if someone wants me to.

Here's the link, with including screenshots:
http://thebronze.org/m3u2mythmusic/
"