[mythtv-users] Not Working: ATI Remote Wonder II and Lirc

Mache Creeger mache at creeger.com
Wed Apr 5 21:58:51 UTC 2006

I am at a loss.  The only issue I can see is when I press buttons on
the remote, the light on the ATI USB dongle does not blink.  It stays
continually lit.

I have read the wiki at
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/ATI_Remote_Wonder_II and have
set everything up the way they have stated.

When I run irw it just sits there, does not return any status, and
does not return to a new prompt.  I get nothing, even when I push
buttons on the remote control unit.

Everything seems to be in place.  Here is a listing off of dmesg.

# dmesg | grep lirc
lirc_dev: IR Remote Control driver registered, at major 61
lirc_atiusb: USB remote driver for LIRC v0.5
lirc_atiusb: Paul Miller <pmiller9 at users.sourceforge.net>
lirc_dev: lirc_register_plugin: sample_rate: 0
lirc_atiusb[2]: X10 Wireless Technology Inc USB Receiver on usb1:2
usbcore: registered new driver lirc_atiusb

The daemon is running...

# /etc/rc.d/init.d/lircd status
lircd (pid 4269) is running...

/etc/lircd.conf was copied off of the wiki

~mythtv/.mythtv/lircrc was also copied off of the wiki

# modprobe lirc_atiusb
#
Comes right back with no status

# rpm -q lirc
lirc-0.8.1-cvs20060325_57.rhfc4.at

# rpm -q lirc-kmdl-2.6.16-1.2069_FC4
lirc-kmdl-2.6.16-1.2069_FC4-0.8.1-cvs20060325_57.rhfc4.at

# ls -l /dev/ | grep lirc
lrwxrwxrwx  1 root   root        5 Apr  5 02:49 lirc -> lirc0
crw-rw-rw-  1 root   root  61,   0 Apr  5 02:49 lirc0
srw-rw-rw-  1 root   root        0 Apr  5 12:38 lircd

# uname -r
2.6.16-1.2069_FC4

Any ideas?

-- Mache Creeger