[mythtv-users] Absolute links in mythweb

Ben Holt beanjammin at gmail.com
Wed Apr 5 21:54:25 UTC 2006

> >I don't understand how PHP running on my mythtv server's apache is
> >supposed to detect that it is being accessed from a reverse proxy and
> >auto-detect the URL requested on the proxy.  It can look at it's own
> >$_SERVER array and figure out where it lives in its own directory
> >structure relative to DocumentRoot, but that's it.  For all PHP knows
> >the reverse proxy is just another browser asking for an URL.
> >

> Which is why you need to have the proxy server fix it /before/ it gets
> to your Myth box...  See http://apache.webthing.com/mod_proxy_html/ .

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the response.

I understand what you're saying. Yes the problem could be fixed at the
proxy, but from my perspective that's not where it originates.  It's
the absolute URLs in mythweb that are causing the problem.  The best
fix is to undo the use of fake directories for passing variables in
mythweb.  Then it goes back to "just working" using relative URLs and
regardless of where it is installed in a web server's directory
structure.  Admitedly my own personal bias comes into this and I'd
rather spend a bit more time fixing mythweb the way I want it than
working around it elsewhere.

Anyway, I'll shut up and not complain until I've got a "fix" worth
sharing. Until then it's ssh and links for me :-).

- Ben

--
A: Because it destroys the flow of conversation.
Q: Why is top posting dumb?