[mythtv-users] It's not the TiVo that she loved...

Jens Baumeister jens.baumeister at gmail.com
Wed Apr 5 20:07:03 UTC 2006

On 4/5/06, Jesse Guardiani <jesse at wingnet.net> wrote:
> Steven Adeff wrote:
>
> hear hear. MythTV only makes sense as a hobby or if you need the added
> functionality/disk space.
> Tivo is cheaper (and probably easier to use and possibly more reliable)
> by far. I

Actually, you'd also need to live in an area where a TiVo-like service
is available. Over here in Germany, homebrew DVRs are the only option
apart from "dumb" harddisk recorders with no intelligent scheduling.
(My dad's using a 2005 Sony harddisk recorder that comes with
something like 60 GB of disk space and 8(!) slots for strictly
time-based schedules. Somebody at Sony didn't understand the
difference between a DVR and a VCR...)

 Jens