[mythtv-users] It's not the TiVo that she loved...

John Biundo johnbiundo at sbcglobal.net
Wed Apr 5 17:51:49 UTC 2006

Marco Nelissen wrote:
> I believe the official name of the Tivo remote shape is "peanut".
> I've been wanting to set up my system so that I can control *everything*
> with the tivo remote (tivo, mythtv, dvd, receiver). In the end it's probably
> going to require a new receiver, some serial cables and an irblaster, but
> I haven't quite figured it all out yet.

Never owned a Tivo, but I can't say enough about my Harmony 676.  Has
the "peanut" shape, well-placed buttons (plus a "glow" button that makes
the buttons, well, glow), LCD panel, etc.  Best of all, it controls my
entire HT system, including Xbox, CD Jukebox (now mostly a CD holder,
since MythMusic has upstaged it), Receiver, and of course Myth.  Usually
with one or two button presses.  It also powers everything up/down
appropriately.

So it can be done. Oh, and my wife and kids would rather give up ice
cream than the remote.