[mythtv-users] Transcoding Nuv Files to Other Formats

Kevin Slater kevin.slater at gmail.com
Wed Apr 5 17:20:36 UTC 2006

Can you go into some detail about what you have to do to make this happen? I
have a new Palm TX and I'd love to be able to catch up on my Good Eats
episodes during lunch at work. Can you show an example of the command line
options you use to do the actual transcode? (Mplayer / Mencoder must have
more options than any other piece of software I've used.)

...Kevin

On 3/7/06, Barry Jett <bjett80 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Patrick,
>
> I'm frequently transcoding nuv shows to xvid and msmpeg4v2 for both long
> term storage
> and to watch on my Palm TX (I've got a batch running right now ).
>
> My weapon of choice is mencoder ... I just build a filelist of the shows I
> want transcoded
> and run a shell script in the background.
>
> Ffmpeg is good ... but I ran into a few glitches and mencoder may be just
> a tad faster...
> but with a console program like mencoder I can set everything up remotely
> through an
> ssh session from work and let it run when I'm not using the computer.
>
> Barry
>

> On 3/5/06, Patrick Carlson <firefly2442 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Is that show still running!?  Wow, I haven't seen that one in a long
> time.  It was a good one though. :)
>
> I guess I'll give nuvexport another try.  Thanks!
>

> -Patrick
>

> On 3/5/06, Christopher Friend <christopher_friend at hotmail.com > wrote:
> >
> > Personally I use nuvexport. Kinda hard to get working to start with but
> > guess it works better than anything else otherwise I wouldn't use it. I
> > set
> > up a rough cut list in mythtv first (just to avoid transcoding useless
> > parts) then use --transcode with nuvexport and save em as xvids. After
> > that
> > I just use avidemux (2.1.1) to do any finer editing around whats left of
> > the
> > commercials. Voila, another series of Due South saved :o)
> >
> > Christopher

-- "Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."
-- Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)