[mythtv-users] TwinHan IR remote and receiver problem

James Neave JNeave at spursolutions.com
Wed Apr 5 08:34:18 UTC 2006

Hi,

I've just installed mythtv for the first time, for which I bought a
cheap TwinHan DVB-T card.

I have live tv working, no EPG yet but that's another problem.

My first problem is that an IR remote and receiver came with my card and
it's a HID keyboard device.

It connects up fine; I can enter chars with in on the terminal. I'm now
trying to get it to work with mythtv.

Most of what I did afterward was guess work based on documentation.

I downloaded lirc 0.8.0 and configured it up for /dev/input.

Then I compiled and installed it.

At this point I had no /dev/lirc or lirc0

I scrounged an init.d script for Debian/Ubuntu and eventually figured
out that I needed to reconfigure it to point at /dev/input/event1

Then I used irremote to create a lircd.conf file for it and irw is now
reporting my remote presses correctly.

It's still sending keys to the buffer though, is that going to
ultimately conflict with lirc?

I put the mythtv lircrc.example file into my home folder as .lircrc and
/.mythtv/.lircrc.

But nothing happens in mythfrontend and I've run out of docs to stare
at, apart from the fact I appear to be missing irxevent?

Do I need that?

MythTV 0.19

lirc 0.8.0

Ubuntu 5.10

Any help would be gratefully received :)

Thanks,

Jim.

The information in this email is confidential and may be legally privileged.  It is intended solely for the addressee.  Access to this email by anyone else is unauthorised.

If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it is prohibited and may be unlawful.

The contents of an attachment to this email may contain software viruses that could damage your own computer systems.  Whilst The Spur Group of Companies has taken every precaution to minimise the risk, we cannot accept liability for any damage that you sustain as a result of software viruses.