[mythtv-users] power failure - now lirc stopped working

Lucien D. ldunning at gmail.com
Wed Apr 5 00:44:36 UTC 2006

This is my reply to the last two mails in this thread since they are
talking about the same thing.

This was one of my first thoughts, that it was something that was
changed that did not take effect until a restart.  However, I've
pretty much ruled it out.  This is a relatively fresh install (mythtv
and its parts atleast, the system is about 8 months old), and I
updated the kernel the day before I did the install and I remember
making a point of booting into it, because I usually just install and
setup the bootloader and wait until the next restart to switch
kernels.

One of the first things I did when this stopped working was to make
sure the kernel symlink was correct and then reinstall lirc, so even
if I had forgotten to reboot, that should have taken care of it.

I may go through the steps again just because I'm running out of
ideas, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

As for it being a hw issue because of the power failure, it is on a
decent surge protector and everything else has been working perfectly
for over a week now, so I'm crossing my fingers that this isn't the
case.

Lucien