[mythtv-users] How do I use HD5000 and pvr250 in same system more seemlessly

Jesse Guardiani jesse at wingnet.net
Tue Apr 4 21:00:35 UTC 2006

Matt wrote:
>> It will seamlessly switch from the EPG. I checked that last night (but
>> firgot to check while watching LiveTV...Ran out of time before the
>> backend wanted the HD3000 tuner to record something!).
>>
>> You might have to use the Y key.
>>
>> As to setting the priority for tuners, if you enter the HD3000 first, in
>> mythtv-setup, and a PVR second/third, myth will select the *last* tuner
>> for LiveTV, which means it would come up on channel 15 or whatever. Myth
>>  then has digital tuner and an analog tuner (in my case, with PVR500)
>> available for recording without any conflicts.
>> Geoff
>>

> For me, it doesn't seemlessly change when I either use "browse mode"
> or the EPG.  I can only see the SD OR HD channels when I'm either of
> the tunners in browse mode.  In the EPG I see all of them, but I can
> only tune to whatever I'm currently in (SD-SD or HD-HD).
>
> It seems to me like it wouldn't be intended functionality to manually
> switch tuners.  Can anyone else verify this?

That's how I do it too. I mapped 'Y' to the blue button on my streamzap
remote.
It would be nice to seemlessly integrate all guide data into Browse mode.

It would also be nice if LiveTV honored card priority. I had to delete
and re-enter my cards
because I wanted HDTV to pull up first in LiveTV, even though my HD card
has a higher
priority in mythtv-setup.

--
Jesse Guardiani