[mythtv-users] Myth TV media extenders?

David Shay david at shay.net
Tue Apr 4 17:05:39 UTC 2006

Jesse Guardiani wrote:

>Brian Wood wrote:
>

>>>Does it have the horsepower to decode HDTV for display on it's SDTV
>>>outputs?
>>>I didn't realize these things run Linux. How interesting. Has anyone
>>>hacked them?
>>>

>Is there anything capable of HDTV playback for less than $400 out there?
>Those Cappuccino PCs are way slick, but relatively expensive.

Only thing I've found is the Rokulabs HD-1000.  There is also a frontend
for that called mythroku.  I've not had great luck with it, though.  It
always dies/crashes after 3-4 minutes of playing.  Never was able to
track down the source of that problem though.  Many people apparently
have good luck with it, though.