[mythtv-users] Weird DVB-T tuning problem

James Neave JNeave at spursolutions.com
Tue Apr 4 14:40:02 UTC 2006

Hi,

I've just got my very first mythtv box going from bye-bye-windows to
mythtv w/ DVB-T in the UK.

I'm using Ubuntu 5.10 and mythtv 0.19 and I have TwinHan VP-3021 DVB-T
card.

Scanning for channels is being... odd.

If I do this:

scan uk-Rowridge > ~/channels.conf

It only finds a few channels, all BBC.

When I scan in mythtv-setup, I enter my frequency (extracted from
channels.conf) and set the setting after that to 8MHz (doesn't tune if
that's left on auto)

It finds six multiplexes (correct?) and lots of channels, except for the
channels that scan picked up. The channels that scan picked up are
missing from the mythtv scan.

Kaffeine can tune all the channels (but playing them is grayed out??)

If I fire up backend & frontend, I can watch live tv, change channels
and pause/rewind/etc.

Anybody know what's going wrong here? Can I manually add the channels by
reading the details from Kaffeine or channels.conf?

Many Thanks,

Jim.

The information in this email is confidential and may be legally privileged.  It is intended solely for the addressee.  Access to this email by anyone else is unauthorised.

If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it is prohibited and may be unlawful.

The contents of an attachment to this email may contain software viruses that could damage your own computer systems.  Whilst The Spur Group of Companies has taken every precaution to minimise the risk, we cannot accept liability for any damage that you sustain as a result of software viruses.