[mythtv-users] Performance problems on remote frontend

Fred mythtv at dezwietjes.nl
Mon Apr 3 20:22:40 UTC 2006

Hi list,

I have installed a MythTV backend/frontend on a P3 850Mhz with a PVR-350.
I'm running 0.19 on FC4 using Jarod's guide. It running great (so far :-).

Next, I installed a remote frontend on a laptop (Dell Inspiron 8000 with
GeForce2go) and did all the obsious stuff like configuring the backend and
mysql for remote access. The remote frontend works but is sloppy. It's
sloppy when browsing the menu's and sloppy when watching recordings. LiveTV
gives a black screen.

Next, I installed the latest greatest knoppMyth on this laptop. This works a
bit better, but playback of recording and liveTV is still with lots of
hickup's.

Next, I installed knoppMyth on a HP NC6120 laptop with an intel graphics
card.  This did not give any improvement.

I checked the network. 100 Mbps full duplex on both the backend as the
remote frontend.

I checked google for other people with the same issue but found none.

Am I missing something?

Any help or hints would be greatly appreciated.

Fred