[mythtv-users] Alternative to music section of mythweb

Christopher McEwan christopher.mcewan at gmail.com
Mon Apr 3 17:23:15 UTC 2006

On 4/1/06, John Armstrong <ja at ggrove.plus.com> wrote:

> From: "Josh Burks" <dotnofoolin at gmail.com>
> > One thing I changed is I removed the URL hard coding. I didn't want to
> > clobber the music.php that came with MythWeb, and you had music.php in
> > all your links, so I did the following search and replace in vi to
> > change the file (sorry, I'm not familar with patch):
> >
> > :94,104s/music.php/<?php \$_SERVER\[\'PHP_SELF\'\] ?>/g
> > :114,$s/music.php/" \. \$_SERVER\[\'PHP_SELF\'\] \. "/g
> >
> > Now I can name the file anything I want, such as musicv2.php and all
> > the links work.
>
> Good idea. Have made that change.

First off, nice bit of work ! I was planning on writing something very
simmilar myself. I have made a few changes to your script hope you dont
mind.

1) All user configuration is now at the top of the file using simple
variables, which I think makes it easier for users to edit etc.

2) When clicking on all artists the sorting was a little too messy for me.
For example there was 2 "a" and 2 "A" instead of just one "A" with all the
"a/A" artists listed under it (hope this makes sense ? anyway I put in a fix
to sort it properly now so there is only one "A" for all artists begining
with a and one "B" for all artists begining with "B" etc.

3) In doing the recursive change mentioned above the "Artists by initial" no
longer links properly.. its not a big problem but something that needs
fixing ;)

4) Made a few simple table/text changes.

Im gonna keep working on it some more to make it more suit my needs, you can
grab a copy of the script with the changes i've made
http://82.41.254.167/music.zip (rename to php)

--
Regards,

~CM