[mythtv-users] deleted recording via filesystem - how to re-sync database?

matthew.garman at gmail.com matthew.garman at gmail.com
Mon Apr 3 14:59:48 UTC 2006

I'm running mythtv-0.18.1 on Gentoo Linux.

Right now, recordings go to a wimpy 40 GB partition.  This partition
filled up, causing "mysterious" mythtv behavior---I was unable to
delete recordings through the frontend.  So I went to the filesystem
and did a "rm *.nuv" in my video directory.

The system now (seemingly) works as expected.  However, since I only
deleted the files, and not their entry in the mythconverg database,
they still show up in the frontend.

So what do I need to do in the database to re-sync against the
filesystem?  It looks like there are several tables that deal with
recordings, so I don't want to haphazardly start removing entries.

Other questions: I thought that mythtv by default had some kind of
auto-expire enabled?  It appears that this is not the case.

I have a TB server in the basement.  I'd rather not run mythtv on
the server, but would like to record to the fileserver via NFS.
Based totally on secondhand knowledge, I've heard that recording to
NFS can be problematic... is this true?

Thanks everyone,
Matt