[mythtv-users] interface issues

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sun Apr 2 18:08:30 UTC 2006

On 04/02/2006 12:46 PM, Paul Cnudde wrote:
> 2.  When mythfrontend loads and it prescales the images, I don't beleive it is doing this correctly.  Some menu images are cut off, paticularly in the manage recordings menu.  I have tried several different themes, and all have the same problem,  I have also tried fiddling with font sizes but this also does not help.  My screen resolution is set to 1280 x 1024.  The GUI fills the screen, but the menu images are quite large.  Is there any way to set by which percentage it scales the theme images?

It's doing it right.  Your TV is overscanning the image, though, so some
of it is cut off.  You can try setting your Myth GUI size (height/width)
and offset to compensate.

> 3. Text in the OSD tends to run outside of the boxes.  This I know can be corrected by editing the XML files for the paricular OSD theme in question.  Any input on which tags to edit would be appreciated.

Fix your screen size and set the DisplaySize in your
XF86Config/xorg.conf as shown below.  You should use a screen resolution
whose aspect ratio corresponds to your display's physical aspect ratio.
Therefore, if running on a widescreen TV or monitor, you should do
16:9.  If running on a 4:3 monitor, you should do 4:3.  (1280x1024 is 5:4.)

Mike

# DisplaySize width height (in millimeters)
# Make sure you choose a resolution whose ratio is equal to
# the ratio of the physical screen dimensions
# For 1920x1080 at 100dpi  (16:9)
#       DisplaySize  487 274
# For 1280x720 at 100dpi  (16:9)
#       DisplaySize  325 182