[mythtv-users] MythBurn / ProjectX error

Niels Dybdahl Niels at Dybdahl.dk
Sun Apr 2 08:42:52 UTC 2006

On 3/30/06, Dean Wilson <dean.k.wilson at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm trying to get MythBurn running correctly, but am having trouble.
> Any help or tips would be great!  (I suspect that the error lies with
> my ProjectX installation, but I don't know for sure)
> Reading CLI Switches...
> Checking Commons-Net library access...
> Stopped! An Error has occured...
> java.lang.Exception:
> commons-net library not accessible! see readme.txt [ii]
> ensure the correct location/classpath, related to the executed .jar
>
>         at net.sourceforge.dvb.projectx.common.Start.main(Unknown Source)
> ***********************************
> MythTV BurnDVD stopped due to error
> ***********************************
>
> My questions are as follows:
>
> 1)  I don't know much about java; why can't it find the commons-net
> library?  Have I installed something incorrectly?

I have just installed MythBurn and ran into the same error message. I
fixed it by granting more rights to the folders and parent folders
where ProjectX and commons-net are placed.
So you would probably need something like

  chmod a+rx /media
  chmod -R a+rx /media/MythBurn

Niels Dybdahl