[mythtv-users] using WinTV PVR-350 to play AM/FM radio? (slightly OT)

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Sun Apr 2 06:24:32 UTC 2006

On Apr 2, 2006, at 12:45 AM, Steven C. Liu wrote:

> Sorry, folks, if this question is too OT for this list...
>
> I was wondering if it's possible to use my PVR-350 to play regular
> FM/AM radio?  I believe it has the capability, and I imagine I
> could do so easily enough on a WinXP box.  Surely I can do this in
> Linux/Myth - can't I?  FYI - I use FC4.
>
> TIA,
>
> Steve

There's this plugin that adds FM support, but I don't know if
anyone's gotten it to work in 0.19. I never got it working in 0.18,
but I honestly didn't try that hard.

http://mythextra.napsi.net/mythFM.html

Also, I see this:

[mythtv at mythtv ~]$ ls -l /dev | grep radio
lrwxrwxrwx  1 root   root          6 Mar 31 18:45 radio -> radio0
crw-------  1 mythtv root    81,  64 Mar 31 18:45 radio0

So I assume it's just a matter of tuning to the frequency you want
and playing it through to your audio device. But again.. there
doesn't appear to be enough interest to get it working and certainly
hasn't been enough to include it in the standard mythtv packages.