[mythtv-users] PVR in a different room from the TV

Pete Cap peteoutside at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 2 05:31:03 UTC 2006

Hello all,

This is just a general setup question.

All the setups I have seen have the PVR sitting right next to the TV.  I would like to avoid this if possible and keep the box near all the other comps in the office, about 20 feet away.  Can I just control the TV/cable box with a long coax cable or something?

Playback is not an issue, since I will probably be using my xbox to select stored video to play back.

Thanks,
Pete