[mythtv-users] Shows are not getting recorded, but myth doesn't know

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sat Apr 1 18:48:14 UTC 2006

On 03/30/2006 09:36 PM, Craig Hagerman wrote:
> I can't figure this problem out.
> In mythweb under "Recording Schedules" I see the programs I have told
> it to record. However "Upcoming Recordings" is blank.
>
> mythbackend seems to be spitting out some errors about mysql I don't
> understand. I will post a snippet below. Does it look like something
> is set up wrong here? It reports that "mysql server has gone away". I
> don't understand what that means, but that doesn't sound good.

Definitely a problem.  Myth is losing connections to the database (where
all data except the actual recordings is stored).  My recommendation is
to search the lists.  If using MySQL 5, search for "MySQL 5"--this is a
common occurrence on an improperly configured MySQL 5 system, but there
are many other possible causes.

Mike