[mythtv-users] Introducing TapeWorm, a parasitic MythTV front end for Windows

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Sat Apr 1 12:27:42 UTC 2006

> TapeWorm 1.0, Beta 1 is now available at
> http://david.spurgeonwoods.com/tapeworm.  I would greatly
> appreciate feedback from the members of this list about TapeWorm, about the
> configuration instructions (as I am not yet fluent in Linux,) about whether
> you find TapeWorm to be a worthwhile development effort, and about what the
> most important future development priorities might be.

Cool. It's certainly easier that WinMyth that I too have never been
able to get working.

My feedback:

1) It would be nice to choose which media player to play the
recordings with. With Windows Media Player I noticed that you can't
fast fwd which is a pain. I don't know whether that would be the same
with other players such as VLC, but I'd like to try.

2) It would be really good to be able to change the display order by
clicking on the column headings. That would let me home in on the most
recent recordings. At the moment that seems to have no effect.

3) I really like the simplicity of it and the way the recordings start
playing back almost immediately. As I already had sambe set up on my
MythTV backend it was easy peasy getting Tapeworm up and running.

Regards,
Phill