[mythtv-users] mythtv 0.18.1-5 and mythplugins 0.18.1-2

Marius Schrecker marius at schrecker.org
Fri Sep 30 07:29:29 UTC 2005

> Am Mittwoch 28 September 2005 11:15 schrieb Jon Stoneman:
>> On 09/27/05 17:56, Matthias Meyer wrote:
>> > Hello group,
>> >
>> > Until now I use mythtv-0.18-3 with mythmusic, mythweather, mythvideo
>> > and mythweb in release 0.18-2. This worked fine for me.
>> > But one hour before I've updated to mythtv 0.18.1-5 with mythweb in
>> > release 0.18.1-2 and mythplugins in release 0.18.1-2. But nothing
>> works
>> > but television and mythweb. In myth-frontend I can not find any item
>> > watch music and/or video.
>> > Is there something wrong with mythplugins?
>> > Did I need release 0.18-5? Where I can find it?
>> > Or I have to configure something. Where I can find a Howto for
>> > configure the debian package?
>>
>> Something like...
>>
>>    apt-get build-dep mythplugins
>>    apt-get src mythplugins
>>    cd mythplugins-0.18.1
>>    dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot -b
>>
>> Needs to be done somewhere other than within /usr.
>>
>> Jon.
>
> Hello Jon.
>
> If I try your suggestion I get:
> apt-get build-dep mythplugins
> Paketlisten werden gelesen... Fertig
> Abhängigkeitsbaum wird aufgebaut... Fertig
> E: Build-Abhängigkeit für mythplugins konnte nicht erfüllt werden.
>
> which means in english:
> Build dependence for mythplugins could not be fulfilled.
>
> What I have to do? Is there a way to find out which dependencies I should
> solve?
>
> If I try:
> apt-get install mythplugins
> I get no error but it also do not will work.
>
> Thanks for your help
> Matthias

I had similar problems the first time I tried to build mythtv:
#apt-get build-dep mythtv

..gives unsatisfied dependency for liblame-dev, but this is replaced by
liblame0-dev

In the end I used equiv to build a dummy package for liblame-dev which I
made dependant on liblame0-dev

Everything went fine after that.

It's strange that apt-get isn't more specific about what's missing on your
system.

Be sure also that you don't have any broken packages after your apt-get
dist-upgrade...

you might want to do a new apt-get update and either an "empty" apt-get
install, or a new apt-get dist-upgrade to make sure.

Other than that, I'm having trouble with mythplugins too (building from
svn) so there might just be something broken ;-)

Cheers

Marius