[mythtv-users] Debugging DVD burn problems

Joshua King jkingkard-hotmail at yahoo.com.au
Fri Sep 30 03:07:47 UTC 2005

On 30/9/05 7:48 AM, "Jim Geist" <velocityboy at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all -
>
> I installed mythburn last weekend and thought I had it working well, but last
> night I actually sat down and tried to watch the DVD. About 7 minutes into the
> program, the DVD player just hangs on one frame. (Behavior is repro on the OS
> X DVD player, too).

I did a DVD using the dvdwizard patch (which also uses dvdauthor 0.6.11
IIRC) and got the same behaviour on Mac OS X DVD Player. It does not like
seeking past where commercial breaks had been removed.

In my case it unfroze after >1 min, but resuming (stopping the disc and
hitting play) would lock up DVD Player completely, only starting from the
beginning of the disc would work.

Same disc works fine under VLC in the same environment.

Looking for a solution too...

Joshua