[mythtv-users] Looking for a quiet, full featured HDTV mythtv frontend

Mr. Myth mythtv at blandford.net
Thu Sep 29 23:38:21 UTC 2005

Hello,

I have been looking for a nice hdtv frontend for some time.

I have read the mailing list for a long time and looked at various options.

I currently have ( SDTV ) an xbox frontend, a mediamvp, and a regular
1.4 P4.

I really want to upgrade to something that can display HDTV but it must
have the following:

1) Be quiet if not silent.
2) Be small.  Mini ITX sized would be my preference.
3) Be cool.  I want to run it in a location with little or no ventilation.
3) Be able to run the full frontend
4) Display 1080i and 720p as well as STDV video in multiple formats
including mp2, avi, using mythtv and mythvideo ( xine, mplayer ).
5) Have a local dvd for watching movies
6) It is a frontend only - no cards other than the video, network,
sounds, etc which could be on board.
7) works well with mythtv.

It would be nice if it could boot from the network or from compact flash
or something like that.

I had seen some references to the LV-667E8T motherboard which is
Mini-ITX but I haven't heard any word about its support with the
unichrome project.  There were some emails but everything seems to have
dried up.

Any other thoughts on something that would meet my criteria?  I am
desperately trying to avoid having a large(ish) pc in the living room.

Michael