[mythtv-users] CallerID w/ MythTV using SunRocket (not Vonage)

mythtv at shelfspace.com mythtv at shelfspace.com
Thu Sep 29 22:14:54 UTC 2005

I've been happily using MythTV for almost two years and had never paid any
attention to CallerID on MythTV since I didn't want to pay SBC an extra $7 (or
more) per month for CallerID.

BUT, when I moved, I signed up for SunRocket (www.sunrocket.com), and now have
CallerID.

I thought about using mythnotify...but where the backend is located it would
be a real PITA to run a phone line to it.

In my googling, I came across this thread, "vonage caller id"

My question to the list....has anyone else who uses SunRocket come up with a
way to sniff CallerID info, and then have it display via MythTV?

Thanks in advance,
mark