[mythtv-users] Running MythWeb on a Different Server to MythBackend

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Thu Sep 29 15:59:27 UTC 2005

> It might also be in mythtv-setup. You need to change the IP-adres your
> backend will listen to. It's simular to running a seperate
> front/backend setup.

This is exactly the issue.  Mythweb really is just another version of
the frontend (in all respects, it acts like a frontend)..  If you're
getting an fsock error in mythbackend.php, it has nothing to do with the
database config..  Mythweb connects to the database, looks up where to
find the backend, and then talks directly to it.  If your
backend/frontend are currently on the same box and talking via
127.0.0.1, Mythweb will pull that address and of course have trouble
talking to itself if no backend is on the server.

I don't remember how to get into the first-run settings that ask for the
master server IP, but if you want to edit it by hand, just use:

SELECT * FROM settings WHERE value="MasterServerIP";

or

UPDATE settings SET data="192.168.0.21" WHERE value="MasterServerIP";

-Chris