[mythtv-users] Re: Nova-T - FC3

Nick Parkinson nickparkinson at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 29 08:50:14 UTC 2005

Message: 18

Firstly, not sure if this is helpful but I've just
managed to get scan channels to work on Knoppmyth
R5A16 via a kernel upgrade... see below if of any
relevance to FC3.

http://mysettopbox.tv/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=5827&highlight=novat+hurdle

With a link to (a perhaps outdated) FC3 specific
guide...

http://www.helkit.com/cgi-bin/twiki/bin/view/Main/MythTVDVB-TAndConexantNotes

Anyway, can anyone help me?  I've managed to scan
channels and run mythfilldatabase but when I go to
Watch TV I get a black screen.  You mention that
permissions have to be set right and the driver must
be a certain one.  I suspect this may be my problem
given that on bootup I see that the blackbird 0.0.5
version is loaded.  Also my output when trying to
WATCH TV is....

--------
Failed to find network interface eth0
SIP Cannot register:proxy, username or password not
set
Connecting to backend server:  127.0.0.1.6543
Using protocol 15
Taking too long to be allowed to read...
Couldn't read file:
rbuf://127.0.0.1:6543/cache/cache/ringbuf1.nuv
Changing from None to LiveTv
Decoder not alive, and trying to play
Changing from None to None
Remotefile::Read::Read()failed in