[mythtv-users] mythfilldatabase dependent on libviaXvMC?

Doug Lim doug.lim at gmail.com
Thu Sep 29 03:58:26 UTC 2005

A few days ago, mythfilldatabase stopped working, so today I finally
got around to checking system logs.  I found the following message
showing up in /var/log/mythtv/mythbackend.log:

mythfilldatabase: error while loading shared libraries: libviaXvMC.so.1: cannot

I'm running mythtv-0.18-1 on Gentoo on a VIA EPIA MII-12000.
Apparently, libviaXvMC.so got whacked as a result of xorg-x11 getting
automatically updated right before the the mythfilldatbase problem
started (my fault - I forgot to set /etc/portage/package.keywords to
prevent xorg-x11 from automatically updating), but why should
mythfilldatabase care anything about libviaXvMC or anything else not
strictly related to just updating the program guide?