[mythtv-users] Anyone successful with HD3000 DVB andPVR-150/500's?

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Wed Sep 28 19:23:57 UTC 2005

On Tuesday 27 September 2005 14:59, Folashade Adeyosoye wrote:
> I am beginning to think I might have chosen the wrong card, I am not
> looking
> on upgrading my Comcast cable anytime soon to digital.

The HD-3000 really only makes sense if you're capturing a digital
signal.  You don't need to upgrade to digital cable to get that; you
could hook up an antenna and tune in free OTA local broadcasts.

If you have no intention of tuning digital broadcasts or digital cable,
then you're better off with a PVR-xxx (150,250,350,500).

> I wonder what the ratio of HD-3000 is to the PVR-500 out there, and
> which one would one consider the better card.

Since they're really designed for different purposes (analog
cable/broadcast vs. digital cable/broadcast), I wouldn't say either one
is "better".  It's just a matter of which one better suits your
intended application.

-JAC