[mythtv-users] mythlink.pl

Tim Fenn fenn at stanford.edu
Wed Sep 28 18:42:42 UTC 2005

I recently set up an Avel linkplayer running through wizd to play some
mythtv recordings, and I'm quite happy with it.  But to get wizd to
present reasonable filenames to the LP2, I've been using the handy
mythlink.pl script from Chris Petersen.  However, as new mythtv
recordings appear (or are deleted), mythlink.pl must be re-run each
time.  I could add it as a user script to run after each recording,
but I'm concerned this may present weird problems if I have 2 or more
recordings ending at the same time spawning multiple mythlink.pl
instances.  Does anyone using mythlink.pl to keep an "updated" listing
of mythtv recordings have any suggestions/hints (would it perhaps be
better to run mythlink as a cron job?)?

Thanks for any help,
Tim Fenn

--
Morals?  I eat communism and $h!t America, brother.  --Seanbaby