[mythtv-users] PVR 500 defective?

Dave Sherohman esper at sherohman.org
Wed Sep 28 16:30:17 UTC 2005

On Wed, Sep 28, 2005 at 10:09:06AM -0600, Greg Woods wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-09-28 at 10:09 -0500, Dave Sherohman wrote:
>
> > I have a problem with mine where the first tuner works fine and the
> > second tuner returns nothing
>
> Just a thought: the ivtv drivers detect a PVR-500 as two PVR-150's. You
> should be able to see this in the output from 'dmesg'. What that means,
> though, is that the first tuner is /dev/video0 Tuner 0 and the second
> tuner is /dev/video1 Tuner 0. Not Tuner 1. I was bitten by this when I
> first got my PVR-500 set up.

Yes, the first tuner is /dev/video0 and the second is /dev/video1.
The "address 0x44 not found" error I posted earlier appears both when
the driver initializes and attempts to set up the second tuner and
also whenever I attempt to access /dev/video1.

--
The freedoms that we enjoy presently are the most important victories of the
White Hats over the past several millennia, and it is vitally important that