[mythtv-users] Xbox as FE

James Pattinson jamesp at hisser.org
Wed Sep 28 14:38:06 UTC 2005

Erik Pettersen wrote:

> Why wouldn't you just look for an svideo->SCART adapter for the M10k?
>
>Are there VGA->SCART adapters?  I'm on the wrong side of the pond to
>have any first hand experience with SCART so forgive my ignorance ;)
>
>*shrug* If you have an otherwise working setup with the m10k, unless
>you're enjoying yourself working on the modded xbox... why not a
>simple solution?

I did buy an S-Video to SCART adaptor, but the quality isn't hot. It
seems to just convert the S-Video signal into the equivalent of a
composite signal that SCART understands, so not RGB.

I found a VGA to SCART adaptor but it was about £70, and that's a bit of
a risk without knowing what the quality is going to be like.

Also - running the FE on the Xbox will may end up being the more simple
solution if it lets me get rid of the m10k box. Less stuff to clutter up
the lounge :)

Cheers
James