[mythtv-users] Hauppauge IR and LIRC problems

Andrew Nagel andrew.nagel at gmail.com
Tue Sep 27 22:50:18 UTC 2005

I am having a similar problem.  One thing you can try is to run mode2
which will give you the raw output from the IR receiver.  I believe
it gets it before the lirc daemon gets a chance to look at it.  This
also gives me no output.  Haupenauge is actually pretty good with
replacement parts.  I just sent an email to their tech support and
they sent me a new IR receiver/cable free of charge.  Though in the
end this has not fixed anything.

So check out mode2 but if you really think it's hardware Haupenauge
was good to me about that at least which was a nice surprise.  If you
find any solution post it up here because I would love to be able to
get it working again.  Wireless keyboard to run myth is just not the
same.

Andrew