[mythtv-users] No Goom in Debian MythTV .18

David myth at dgreaves.com
Tue Sep 27 21:23:53 UTC 2005

Hi

A while back I had an _offlist_ discussion about goom/mythmusic and I was going to post this but I got distracted.
Anyway, it seems that Goom doesn't work in the Debian package of mythmusic because the package has been compiled without SDL (Simple DirectMedia Layer) support. People may realise that Matt Zimmerman maintains these packages, and a set of Ubuntu packages as well. SDL is turned off on the Ubuntu mythmusic package too.

This may not be Matt's problem - we tried and failed to compile mythmusic on Ubuntu Hoary Hedgehog and met with complete failure. It's possible that there's some conflict or versioning problem that prevents it from compiling while SDL is enabled.

Unfortunately, it seems you have to choose between working Goom with unreliable playback on .17 or .18 with no Goom, but reliable playback.

David