[mythtv-users] Drive Source thanks..

Mike Daugird MDaugird at erdman.com
Tue Sep 27 19:53:30 UTC 2005

Thanks, but....
It looks like you bought all the 400 gig drives, you drive hoarders!!!!! outpost.com

I understand the rebate comments but I have had good luck with them in the past.
I don't love waiting 3 months for the money but I also am not dying for it.
I have a file folder in my desk that I keep all the copies, and I have been able to
get circuit city and bestbuy to run me two *original* register receipts.
I have never ordered online and then gotten a rebate.
Thanks for the newegg and zipzoomfly links but that is a little more then I would
expect to pay. circuit city has 300gig drives for 130 bucks
It looks like outpost.com may have something but like I said somebody here hoarded all
the 400 gig drives.
I find it facinatinig how I used to think nobody in their right mind needs a 200 gig
drive. Now that I have myth running I can't bring myself to buy a second drive under
300gig
thanks for the help

PS is it possible to create an LVM2 volume with data on one of the drives? thanks

On 9/27/05, Mike Daugird <MDaugird at erdman.com> wrote:
> are there any good sources for hard drives? I am recording at 2 gib/hr mpeg2 from my pvr 350 and I have been very happy with the way it has been working so far. My problem now is that I have run out of room on a 250 gig drive that formatted was 233gig.
>
> It doesn't look like I am in need of a high performance drive, 10 Mbytes/sec looks like top end traffic.
> are there any secret sources for large capacity drives?
> I have been watching the sunday paper and that is how I got my 250 gig drive.
> I checked newegg refurbished and they had a 300g but it was Sata.
> thanks for your time and have a good day

Mike,

if you don't mind dealing with rebates, Frys/Outpost.com often has
large Seagate drives on sale with significant rebates.  make sure you
read the terms though, they are sticklers for what you'll qualify for.
 typically it's one drive per family or address.  but if you're just
buying one at a time then you shouldn't have any problems.  they
recently had a 400GB Seagate for less than $200 if i recall
correctly...

I have had good luck with outpost.com <http://outpost.com> lately, seagate
400gb drives with rebates ...

Hope that helps