[mythtv-users] Source for drives

Andrew Close aclose at gmail.com
Tue Sep 27 16:53:10 UTC 2005

On 9/27/05, Mike Daugird <MDaugird at erdman.com> wrote:
> are there any good sources for hard drives? I am recording at 2 gib/hr mpeg2 from my pvr 350 and I have been very happy with the way it has been working so far. My problem now is that I have run out of room on a 250 gig drive that formatted was 233gig.
>
> It doesn't look like I am in need of a high performance drive, 10 Mbytes/sec looks like top end traffic.
> are there any secret sources for large capacity drives?
> I have been watching the sunday paper and that is how I got my 250 gig drive.
> I checked newegg refurbished and they had a 300g but it was Sata.
> thanks for your time and have a good day

Mike,

if you don't mind dealing with rebates, Frys/Outpost.com often has
large Seagate drives on sale with significant rebates.  make sure you
read the terms though, they are sticklers for what you'll qualify for.
 typically it's one drive per family or address.  but if you're just
buying one at a time then you shouldn't have any problems.  they
recently had a 400GB Seagate for less than $200 if i recall
correctly...