[mythtv-users] REALLY NEED HELP : Channel Scanning

Folashade Adeyosoye shardayyy at gmail.com
Tue Sep 27 06:33:57 UTC 2005

Ok this is after 4 installs of Fedora Core 4, about 5 installs of KnoppMyth,

PcHDTV card   HD3000

KnoppMyth (Debian)

Can some one please point me to a good documentation on how to setup the
channels, I have heard and read terms that are all but a bunch of jumble to
my fried brain.

*	QAM
*	Antennaweb.org
*	ATSC
*	NTSC

*	Also I have Comcast analog cable
*	Plugged directly from the wall to the HD 3000
*	Also When I go to the phone section, I have one of the channels
showing clearly in the top left corner
*	But nothing for LiveTV and all I get with that is  "DVB#0 WARNING -
No data from card in 1 second." And "RingBuffer:safe_read()" errors
*	Tried   cat /dev/video0 > tmp/test_capture.mpg , I was able to play
it but could not make sense of what was showing, and in the console, I got a
whole lot of "AC EOB marker is absent pos=X" where X is a 2 digit number

Thanks any help would be appreciated.