[mythtv-users] Playback locks up mythfrontend

Jamin W. Collins jcollins at asgardsrealm.net
Tue Sep 27 05:19:42 UTC 2005

On Sep 21, 2005, at 11:19 AM, orion at ironorion.com wrote:

> When I attempt to watch live tv or play a previously recorded program,
> the
> frontend locks up. I hear a few seconds of sound, a black picture and
> then
> lockup. actually the whole interface locks up. I cannot switch between
> apps. I can still ssh into the box from my laptop, so I can see that
> the
> backend is still running.

I had similar problems that I never successfully tracked down (see the
archives).  I took the box (SS40G) out of service as a MythTV unit for
a while.  Recently, I decided to give it a fresh start and everything
seems to be working perfectly now.  While I was experiencing the
problem I found that running MythTV within gdb allowed everything to
run without lockup.

--
Jamin W. Collins