[mythtv-users] Delays in restarting bookmarked video

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Sep 27 00:59:06 UTC 2005

Erich Boleyn wrote:

>Hope this isn't a FAQ of some sort,

No comment...  ;)

> but I wasn't able to figure it out
>or find anything about it.  Just joined the MythTV users list, but
>been running MythTV for about 2 months now.
>
>My configuration is:
>  --  Athlon64 3200+ CPU w/1GB of DDR400 RAM.
>  --  PVR-250 capture card set to stream type "MPEG2 PS" (default I think).
>  --  NVidia Geforce 6600.
>  --  Sharp AQUOS 45" LCD running at 1920x1080.
>  --  MythTV 0.18.1 on Fedora Core 3 installed with the Fedora MythTV HOWTO.
>  --  Displaying using XvMC & using OpenGL for frame-sync.
>
>I'm seeing what look like 3 related issues with timing of the video:
>
>  --  Restarting bookmarked video has a delay of about 15-ish seconds per
>	10-15 minutes of video (CPU-speed dependent, so it seems to be
>	seeking through the video to find it's place).
>  --  When a program is running, on the OSD, the "total" time of the
>	program changes as it plays, like it's successively approximating
>	the time.  It gets more and more correct as it gets closer to
>	the end.
>  --  Often, near the end of the program, I can't skip forward anymore.
>
>The reason I list them together is that, it seems all the symptoms could
>be explained (with mild exception of the last one above) by the MPEG2
>streams not being seekable, and the bookmarks only remembering the time
>where you stopped the program, NOT the actual location in the stream
>in question.
>
>I have spoken with some others who use MythTV who claim they haven't
>seen this, but their specific setups are a bit different.

Your recordedmarkup table is either corrupt or nonexistant.  You need
recordedmarkup exists and rebuild the seektable (i.e. fill it with
markup).  See "mysqlcheck --help" and "mythcommflag --help: and search
the lists (with these keywords) for more info.  Once you fix your table,
all new recordings should work, but you still have to rebuild the
seektable for all the old (affected) recordings.

Mike