[mythtv-users] mceusb remote & IR blaster

Robin Gilks g8ecj at gilks.org
Mon Sep 26 21:59:45 UTC 2005

Greetings all

I have a new 2005 pvr-150mce card that comes with the usb remote. The
receive works great using lirc-0.7.2 and the mceusb2 driver but this
driver does not implement the IR blaster theat the hardware is capable of
supporting.

Taking the advice from http://www.lircsetup.com/ I've had a go at building
the serial driver and running it as a second instance of lircd. It runs OK
but trying to 'talk' to it with irsend seems to always go to the usb
interface which then reports that sending is not supported even though I'm
specifying the serial device (/dev/lircd1). The aliases are correctly set
up and the /dev entries appear in the correct order when I load the
mceusb2 or serial modules. Any clues anyone? Anyone actually done this
combination of usb and serial IR devices?

Things I've yet to try are:
that works
* load the card into a windross box and find an app that uses the IR
blaster and trace the data using something like
http://www.hhdsoftware.com/usbmon.html so I can extend the driver
* find another solution!!

Cheers

--