[mythtv-users] Re: I received the new air2pc cards (AirStar-HD5000) FINALLY!

Paul B. Henson henson at acm.org
Mon Sep 26 21:37:56 UTC 2005

On Fri, 23 Sep 2005, Kevin Stanton wrote:

> Apparently a few have gotten this to work.  New info here:
> http://www.hd5000.com/
> I am interested in hearing reports from ANYONE who has this card
> working, and can compare it to anything else.

I finally got my three cards working over the weekend. However, I haven't
tried any of the other cards available and can't really make a comparison.

The cards themselves seem to work fine with Taylor's latest driver patch,
and mythtv-svn as of this weekend recognized them and had no problems
recording programs.

I'm still fighting with the frontend which is complaining about
prebuffering pauses and generating rather choppy video, but seem to have no
issues with the cards themselves.

--
Paul B. Henson  |  (909) 979-6361  |  http://www.csupomona.edu/~henson/
Operating Systems and Network Analyst  |  henson at csupomona.edu
California State Polytechnic University  |  Pomona CA 91768