[mythtv-users] Incorporating imdb results into a myth search?

chris at cpr.homelinux.net chris at cpr.homelinux.net
Mon Sep 26 15:27:39 UTC 2005

On Mon, Sep 26, 2005 at 09:49:41AM -0400, PAUL WILLIAMSON wrote:
> I wanted to record all shows starring a particular
> actress.
>
> It would be so much better than trying to craft some
> custom search string for the combination of title-subtitle
> entires for all 51 items.

You could create a power search that simply looks for her name in the
description field.  You won't catch shows in which she plays a cameo or
is dwarfed by mega-stars, but you should find all the ones in which she
has a major role.  To create the power search, go to "Custom Record" in
the "Schedule Recording" menu of the gui (not available via mythweb) and
create a rule of the form: (program.description LIKE "%anne bancroft%").
The DataDirect listings usually include the top three stars in the
description field for each movie and the guest stars for episodic
television.