[mythtv-users] vga to component converters

Jason Temple jason at temple.net
Mon Sep 26 13:54:21 UTC 2005

Greetings All,
    I was wondering what most of you HD guys use to connect your front
end to your tv.  I don't have a fancy flat panel tv with vga imputs
unfortunately, but my Samsung tube can do 720p through it's component
connector.  I've seen a number of converters anywhere from $150-$300
that will take a vga signal and output component...my questions are: Are
they any good?  Are there any issues with X (Xorg supports them?  Any
issues with modelines, clocks?).  Are they all pretty much the same?
Although I'm planning to set this up with 720p, I want it to support
1080i for future sets.  Any input would be greatly apprectiated!

thanks,

jas