[mythtv-users] Turning Timestretch On and Off

Dave Sherohman esper at sherohman.org
Mon Sep 26 01:42:49 UTC 2005

On Sun, Sep 25, 2005 at 07:44:22PM -0400, Larry K wrote:
> On a related subject, I would like to see a global default for timestretch.
> Something that applies to all recordings played back. This way, I wouldn't
> have to bother setting the timestretch for every recording I watch.

Yes, agreed!  More often than not, I start playback with the sequence
enter (to tell it to play the program), a-right-right-right-right (to
set playback at 1.20x normal speed), escape (to clear the OSD).
Being able to have it come up already at 1.2x would make things a bit
more streamlined.

Also on the topic of defaults, is there any way to do a per-channel
default setting for post-processing (specifically commercial
autodetect)?  Commercial detection is a wonderful thing, but I have a
couple stations which don't run mid-program commercials, so running
commercial detection on them seems like a bit of a waste.  It would
be nice if I didn't have to go and turn it off individually for each
program I request to be recorded from those stations.

--
The freedoms that we enjoy presently are the most important victories of the
White Hats over the past several millennia, and it is vitally important that